Thursday, April 10, 2014

#CILDC : Index of all Digitization 101 blog posts on the 2014 Computers in Libraries Conference

So that you can find all of the blog posts I've written for the 2014 Computers in Libraries Conference, here is a quick index:

Brainstorming session
Day 1:
Dorotea Szkolar
Day 2:

Chances of Success
Day 3:
Several people remarked about the abundance of good content in this conference. It could be that the conference theme sparked threads and presentations that were quite timely.

Thinking quickly, the themes/ideas that stood out to me were:
  • Be tactical
  • Take big risks
  • Work with your community and keep them first in your mind
  • Brainstorming can be fun and useful
  • Hack your library and your career
  • Global and local policies matter
  • Being awesome doesn't always require a lot of money
  • Introducing new tech is important, but building community is more important
I was amazed at the number of people that commented positively on my brainstorming session (Enabling Innovation), including a woman in the Dupont Circle Metro elevator on Wednesday afternoon.  I hope that people take the results of that session and use it, as well as use my slides. (If anyone wants me to reprise that presentation, let me know.)

The 2015 Computers in Libraries Conference will be March 23-25, 2015 at the Washington Hilton. This will be CIL's 30th anniversary, so I expect that the atmosphere will be special, as we look back in some ways, as well as keeping our eyes on the future. I look forward to see you there!

No comments: