Tuesday, September 07, 2010

SLA elections - Remember to vote!

At the Special Libraries Association (SLA) Annual Conference in June, one question that people asked candidates was "when is the election?" Well, the time to vote has finally come! The voting system will open at midnight on Sept. 8 and close at 5 p.m. on Sept. 29 (all U.S. Eastern Time Zone).  If you are an SLA member and want to review information on the candidates, here are the links you will need:
Jill Hurst-WahlIn regards to my candidacy, I wrote a Digitization 101 blog post in  April about it.

I must tell you that the more Board meetings I observe as a candidate and the more I hear about the challenges that are facing the Association, the more I want to serve on the Board. Yes, I'm up for the challenges that the three year term will provide!  SLA has been important to me since I joined in 1990, and I want to ensure that it remains a strong and viable Association for current and future librarians and information professionals.

No comments: