Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My grad students are blogging

As part of their work for the class "Creating, Managing and Preserving Digital Assets," the students have to blog (syllabus). They will be blogging about digitization projects/programs that they find online. Several students have already posted. They will blog throughout the semester.

Why did I include this assignment?
  • I wanted students to view more projects online and think about how they were done.
  • I wanted to expose students to a social networking tool that has gained widespread acceptance and is an important tool in communicating ideas and information.
  • I wanted to challenge them to do something out-of-the-ordinary.
Feel free to look at the blog. You might even add it to your blog reader. And -- yes -- comment on their posts.

No comments: